This week was an SEO news week, it seems. Here are some articles which caught my eye during the week of February 13-17, 2012 covering such topics as SEO, PPC, landing pages, data analysis, reputation management and more …
- Ben Goodsell shares some useful tips for using XML sitemaps to find problems with your site being indexed by search engine spiders in this Search Engine Watch offering: Basic SEO Troubleshooting With XML Sitemaps
- I caught a thread on Webmaster World about this interview of Amit Singhal by Lance Ulanoff on Mashable Tech. Amit was also one of the keynote speakers at PubCon last November. Very interesting things going on which affect the future of search and SEO: Google Knowledge Graph Could Change Search Forever
- Jim Hedger gives out some great reputation management advice, and methods on the Digital Always Media Blog: Reputation Management Win for Digital Always Media
- On the Outspoken Media Blog, Michelle Lowery shares their method for creating killer SEO audits for their clients. This article is packed full of excellent information: SEO Audits That Get Results
- In another great SEO post, this time over on Copyblogger, Sonia Simone shares some ideas about site quality which may surprise you: The “New” SEO Secret Weapon
- On the Conversation Marketing Blog, Ian Lurie put together a great post detailing some information you need to know about Google Search Plus Your World and how it relates to SEO. It’s kind of long, but well worth reading through: Google Plus Box Ranking Factors Report
I was either really busy on Thursday, or there just wasn’t anything which caught my eye. It might be that most of the people I follow were winding down from PubCon Paradise, which was held this week.
- Scott Brinker shares some landing page insights on his Chief Marketing Technologist Blog: Digital marketing matures beyond “best practices”
- Roger Dooley shared this Forbes.com piece by Kashmir Hill showing how Target is “targeting” shoppers for specials (sorry, couldn’t help the pun) using some interesting predictive analysis: How Target Figured Out A Teen Girl Was Pregnant Before Her Father Did. This is very interesting.
My niece’s birthday is this weekend. Instead of asking for “stuff,” she is requesting donations to the Better Life Canine Center which helps find good homes for rescue dogs when they retire.