There was some great information out this week. Here are some items which got my attention during the week of February 20-24, 2012 covering such topics as analytics, SEO, content creation, PPC, and social media …
- Setting goals and having a plan are very important when working on any kind of online strategy. Start with the end in mind, as they say. Avinash Kaushik shares some excellent wisdom on this topic on his Occam’s Razor Blog: The Biggest Mistake Web Analysts Make… And How To Avoid It!
- Over on SEOmoz’s Daily SEO Blog, Tom Anthony shares a tip which could come in very handy if you are working your web site and social strategies together (which you really should do): Monitor Which Social Networks Your Visitors are Logged Into With Google Analytics
- Scott Cowley has some excellent advice for web content writers on Search Engine Journal: My 17-Point Checklist For Teaching Good Writing and Blogging
- If you’re looking for a good methodology to audit possible sites for link building, look no further than this Outspoken Media piece by Joe Schaefer: The 6-minute Link Prospect Power Audit
- Thomas Ballentyne shared this great post on SEOInhouse.com which catalogs all of Matt Cutts’ videos by category. Matt is often the one who shares insider news from Google, so this is a must-bookmark collection: Matt Cutts Videos Organized By SEO Genre
- Over on SEOBook, Taylor Pratt offers up some great Google Analytics dashboard widget ideas: Setting Up Actionable SEO Dashboards in the New Google Analytics
- Dr. Pete shares some metrics in Google Analytics you should watch very closely on the SEOmoz Daily SEO Blog: The 2 User Metrics That Matter for SEO
- Have you ever wondered whether you should do SEO, PPC or both? If you have, Scott Cowley helps answer that question on the Bright Oak Blog: SEO & PPC: The Facts on Integration, Cannibalism & Synergism
- In the “Back To The Basics” Department, Kristine Schachinger offers up some great information about creating good title tags for SEO on Search Engine Watch: How to Write Title Tags For Search Engine Optimization
- Andrew R H Girdwood has some interesting information which came out of Search Engine Strategies, London which he shares on his blog: Google’s new SEO announcements at SES London
- I’ve been having a lot of conversations lately which run along the theme of “Adapt or Die.” Seth Godin has a great example of hotels which adapted to the ongoing changes regarding online ratings sites: The Trip Advisor tail wagging the real world dog. In other words: Surprise and Delight your customers.
- I have considered doing Google’s Analytics IQ test for a while. Now is a good a time as any, especially since there’s a great bit of advice on how to pass on the SEOmoz Daily SEO Blog: Google Analytics Certification and How to Pass the GAIQ Test