There was a bit of news here and there this week. These are some articles which caught my attention during the week of October 1-5, 2012 on such topics as SEO, the iPhone 5, updates at Google, and content marketing …
- On the Blue Glass Blog, Michelle Lowery shares How to Write Content That Converts. The first step is: define how you define “convert.”
- From the “SEO Is Dead” Department comes an infographic from SEO Book shared on Search Engine Land outlining the history of SEO death predictions: Infographic: The Death Of SEO, Failed Predictions Over The Years. Just remember: SEO Can Never Die.
- On Marketing Pilgrim, Frank Reed shares some information on the true cost of owning the new iPhone 5: What Is the True Cost of the iPhone 5?
- On the Google Webmaster Central Blog, Betty Huang and Eric Kuan share news about updates to Google’s Webmaster Guidelines: Google Webmaster Guidelines updated.
- Scott Monty shares some information on content marketing initiatives by Kraft Foods for their Oreo brand on his Social Media Marketing Blog: A New Twist on Content
- On Search Engine Watch, Kristine Schachinger shares some insights on the differences between hat colors in SEO and how folks in media misunderstand what SEO is and what we SEOs do: SEO 101: Meet the White Hats, Gray Hats, Black Hats & Asshats
Friday I spent getting ready for my brother’s wedding. I did see a few headlines about the latest Google updates – one Panda and the other around exact-match domains. You bet I’ll be reading up on those come Monday.