Here are some articles which caught my attention during the week of November 5-9, 2012 on topics such as leadership, analytics, marketing technology, google, SEO, and social media marketing …
- The Rockfish Labs incubator project YouEarnedIt has received some more press: Want an iPad From Your Co-workers? YouEarnedIt! Yes, I do work for Rockfish; but, I think the YouEarnedIt method of employees rewarding each other for good work is a great idea and I very much hope it catches on.
- Avinash Kaushik has another analytics goodie for us on his Occam’s Razor Blog: Excellent Analytics Tip #21: Convert Complex Data Into Simple Logical Stories. In this piece Avinash has some great tips on how to make your data tell a story. As we are inundated with more and more data, this type of skill is going be more and more in demand.
- Matt Cutts answers another question via video: Should I structure my site using subdomains or subdirectories? This is a question I hear quite often … let’s see what Matt has to say on the subject
- On the Portent Blog, Ian Luries shares How to write universe-conquering proposals. This can dovetail quite nicely with Avinash’s post on Monday.
- On the Chief Marketing Technologist Blog, Scott Brinker tells us about three companies who have IT staff reporting to the CMO: 3 enterprises where marketing leads marketing technology
- On the PubCon blog, Lane R. Ellis shares final wrap up of posts and pictures from last month’s event: Pubcon Las Vegas 2012 Media And Photo Roundup
- Manny Rivas shares a great social media “success from tragedy” story on the aimClear Blog: Uncle Tom’s Brilliant Social Tactic: Capitalize On Competitor’s Tragic #Fail
- On the SEOmoz Daily SEO Blog, Dr. Pete has a great interview with Barry Schwartz: Algo Hunters – An Interview with Barry Schwartz
- Ruud Hein shares another list of 10 Things We Didn’t Know A Week Ago [Week 45] on Search Engine People