Some great and informative articles from the week of August 7-12, 2011 …
- Scott Brinker shares excepts of an interview with Lisa Arthur of Aprimo. There is some great wisdom in We’re all CMOs and CIOs today… on Scott’s Chief Marketing Technologist blog.
- Kate Morris shares an easy-to-implement link-building strategy which can have a tremendous impact in Discovering Brand Advocates (Link Building Tip) on SEOmoz’s Daily SEO Blog
- Facebook has a unique way of doling out computer accessories to their employees as shown in this geek.com post by Matthew Humpheries: Facebook introduces vending machines for computer accessories
- Joost de Valk shares some excellent site structure tips in Intelligent Site Structure for better SEO on his yoast site
- On TechCrunch was an excellent read about Walmart’s online strategy since purchasing Kosmix – How Your Social Data Will Power Walmart’s E-Commerce Revolution by Sarah Perez
- Some more SEO advice, this time by Joe Hall on his web site covering how some WordPress plugins for FeedBurner handle the redirect. Check out FeedBurner FeedSmith 301 Redirects Not 302
- An interesting perspective on Consumers and creators by Seth Godin
- For you history buffs, Dr. Peter J. Meyers offers Google’s algorithm history in Announcing: The Complete Google Algo History on SEOmoz’s Daily SEO Blog.
- Cynthia Boris on Marketing Pilgrim points out research from Yahoo! which suggest that one-third of mobile device use is at home in One Third of Mobile Users Aren’t Mobile At All
- Rand Fishkin is always up to something interesting. His observations from an experiment queries and clicks is no exception. Check out An Experiment in Boosting Google Rankings w/ Search Volume on SEOmoz’s Daily SEO blog
- Frank Reed shares some data from the Pew Internet & American Life Project in Pew Study Shows Email and Search Still Top Internet Activities on Marketing Pilgrim
- From the Web Site Design Department comes this piece off Slate’s web site by Farhad Manjoo, Overdone – Why are restaurant websites so horrifically bad?
- From The Marketing Blog comes this interesting article by Jay Ehret reminding us that brands should be “themselves” – Fire This Consultant
- Another perspective on the recent Missouri law regulating social media contact between teachers and students can be found on stltoday.com in Backlash over Missouri’s teacher ‘Facebook law’ by Tim Barker
- Allison Fabella offers some great advice on how to manage an in-house SEO campaign solo in the PubCon Speakers Blog - The One-Man Band: 5 Tips on How to Manage In-House SEO without a Staff
- On her Sanera blog, Alicia Arenas offers some great observations on organizational consistency in Corporate Culture and Consistency
- Another piece from Scott Brinker’s Chief Marketing Technologist blog - Forrester CIO report recommends marketing-IT hybrids
- Amazon recently announced they are getting into the ad network business. You can read more about this in an article by Jay Habegger on AdAge Digital - Why Amazon Is About to Become a Force in Online Advertising
- Ian Lurie shares an interesting perspective on training in We suck at teaching internet marketing. Why?!!! on his conversion marketing blog
- Jeff Bullas shares some great advice in his piece 20 Reasons Why You Should Blog Before You Twitter
- Aaron Strout shares his observations of how small the online world really is in this piece on his Stroutmeister blog - One Degree of Separation